- SW round numbers to the nearest ten thousand, hundred thousand, or million.
- Text Book page 24
- SW practice rounding whole numbers.
- Text book page 25
Wednesday: Math test on rounding
- SW understand factors using rectangular arrays.
- SW understand the concept of composite numbers and prime numbers.
- Text book page 27 and 28
- Work book page 21 and 22
- SW read and discuss chapters 7 and 8 of the Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing.
- SW work with words that have multiple meanings and use the context of sentence and paragraph to determine the meaning.
- SW interpret simple dictionary entries, especially pronunciation clues, definitions, and sample sentences.
Writing and Grammar
- SW review the strokes needed to make cursive letters (down curve, over curve, under curve, and slant.
- SW review the size of cursive letters. For example, tall letters go to the top of the line.
- Capitalization: SW review that cities, states, countries, and continents are capitalized.
- Punctuation: SW review that interrogative sentences end in question mark.
- SW learn that a comma is needed after three or more items in a series.
- SW will learn that adverbs describe how, when, where, and why the action took place.
- SW practice using adverbs in their writing.