Pizza day is Thursday! Slips will be sent home on Monday. Please make sure you return the slip by Wednesday if you would like pizza. They place the order Wednesday so if you turn it in Thursday there is no guarantee that enough extra has been ordered to accommodate for your order.
We are going to be doing some recycled art. If you have disposable pie plates or aluminum foil, please send it in. Please wash it first.
I am going to start weekly spelling tests with words that are important to spell correctly like numbers, days of the week, months of the year and our school name. The test will be Thursday. The spelling words for this week are: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Comenius.
Monday: word problems
- SW solve word problems.
- SW estimate addition and subtraction equations to determine if a sum is reasonable.
- Text book page 56 and 57
- Work book page 49 and 50
- SW practice addition and subtraction.
- SW practice estimation of addition and subtraction sentences by round firs.
- SW practice solving word problems involving addition and subtraction.
- Text book page 58
- Extra credit will be sent home Monday
- SW multiply a 4 digit number by a 1 digit number.
- SW estimate the product
- Text page 59 and 61
- Work book page 51
- SW use context clues to determine the meaning of homophones.
- SW choose the correct homophone when working with these sets: capital/capitol, main/mane, sight/site.
- SW distinguish between words that can be confusing: are/our, chose/choose, lead/lead/led.
- SW explain how the capital of the United States came to be.
Writing and Grammar
- SW review helping verbs by singing the song.
- SW learn what a linking verb is (they connect the subject to the rest of the sentence).
- SW identify linking verbs in a sentence.
- SW edit their story and make sure it has:
- Beginning, middle, end
- Paragraphs to separate different parts.
- Complete sentences that start with a capitol and end with punctuation.