- Students will be dismissed at 11:00 on Thursday for parent teacher conferences.
- On Thursday morning, the elementary student government will be making slime with the students. Please send in 50 cents (this covers the cost of the ingredients of the slime)
- Completed work was sent home on Thursday in your child’s agenda.
Monday and Tuesday: mental calculation
- SW use mental calculation to subtract from 10, 100, or 1,000.
- SW use mental calculation to add or subtract a number close to 10,000 or 1,000
- Text page 54 and 55
- Work book page 42 – 46
Wednesday and Thursday: estimation
- SW use estimation in addition and subtraction.
- SW use problem solving.
- Text page 56 and 57
- Work book page 47 – 50
- There will be another multiplication quiz on Thursday. Please check your child’s agenda to see what it will be on.
- SW use individual words in compound words or hyphenated words to figure out the meaning of the compound or hyphenated word.
- SW recognize the hyphen as a punctuation mark used to separate the parts of words (vice-president)
- SW categorize words based on the kind of thing something is (hyphen, compound, hyphenated compound)
Grammar and Writing
- We will continue writing their personal narrative based on small moment.
- SW make sure their writing has description and detail.
- SW make sure their writing is focused.