- Monday: The four operations
- SW do mixed operations involving all for operations.
- TB page 39 and 40
- WB page 30 and 31
Tuesday: word problems
- SW solve word problems using order of operation.
- SW write expressions for word problems.
- SW fill in numbers to make both sides of the equation true.
- TB page 40 and 41
- WB page 32 and 33
- SW review concepts learned this year
- WB page 38 and 39
- SW add numbers vertically.
- SW subtract numbers vertically.
- SW find the unknown.
- TB page 51 â€“ 53
- WB page 40 and 41
- SW realize that words have a history that can be traced.
- SW use the dictionary to look up meanings of unknown words.
- SW use the context of a sentence to help determine the meaning of a word.
Writing and Grammar
- SW learn the function of a helping verb in a sentence.
- SW learn the most common helping verbs (am, are, can, could, did, do, does, had, has, have, is, may, must, should, was, were, and will).
- SW identify the helping verbs in a sentence.
- SW work on narrative writing.
- SW focus on writing about one topic or moment.
- SW add detail to their writing.