- Lunch/Recess Monitors Needed – Can you offer 60-90 minutes during the day? If so, please contact Angela Reed at
- Next week is IOWA testing for all elementary students.
- Ms. Wilson is soon becoming Mrs. Walters! I’m getting married on March 18 and will be on my honeymoon the week after. Mrs. Woods and the CSCL staff have a plan that will help our third graders stay right on track while I’m gone.
- LW review capacity and equivalencies (gallon, pint, quart, cup).
- LW learn and apply test taking strategies in preparation for the IOWA tests next week.
- LW memorize multiples of 7. Instead of just skip counting, please help your child to memorize their multiplication facts. They can also work on memorizing/reviewing their 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10s. Speed quiz THIS Thursday.
- LW draw part-whole models and draw comparison models to represent mathematical statements.
- LW define and identify adjectives.
- LW write lists to help with choosing topics for personal narratives.
- LW create personal narratives from their lists of topics.
- Please encourage your third grader to read a “just right” book (right at their independent level) every night. Studies show that the more kids read books right at their level, the better reader they become!
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.