First Grade News – Jan. 4, 2018
Family Night – Jan.9 at 7 p.m.
Jan. 15 – No School
Dear wonderful families,
January 9 is Family Night. Report cards will be handed out and important information will be shared. I hope you will be able to come and learn about some of the exciting things that are happening at our school. We welcome Ben Malucelli back from Brazil to our class.
Here is what we are doing this week:
• Level 3: continuing the open syllable
• Finish unit on Capacity – Unit 10 & Review
• Test on Thursday
• Reading leveled readers for fluency and increased vocabulary • Practice high frequency words • Practice comprehension skills in reading recognizing characters, setting and story line
• Journal writing – developing sentence skills • Handwriting practice • Using punctuation and knowing where a sentence begins and ends
Spelling: (Same as last week)
• Words this week: by, cry, fly, fry, my, shy, sky, multiply, try, why • Sentence: Why try to multiply? Test on Thursday
REMINDERS: Turn in the December reading calendar for a free book and a certificate for a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. Practice the first 75 high frequency words and your math facts.