- Our Kindness Challenge continues this week. Be on the lookout for kind acts at home!
- Lunch/Recess Monitors Needed – Can you offer 60-90 minutes during the day? If so, please contact Angela Reed at
- Please encourage your third grader to read a “just right” book (right at their independent level) every night. Studies show that the more kids read books right at their level, the better reader they become!
- Tuesday of this week, we will have a Valentine’s Day party! Third graders are invited to bring in a valentine for each of their classmates. A class list went home last week. If they would like, they may also bring a snack to share with classmates.
- Lower school goes to the Bob Jones Vision Center for chapel on Tuesday afternoon.
- LW review and practice subtraction strategies.
- LW practice how to dissect a word problem, find the key information, and decide what to do to solve the problem.
- LW memorize multiples of 6. Instead of just skip counting, please help your child to memorize their multiplication facts. They can also work on memorizing/reviewing their 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 10s. Speed quiz THIS Thursday.
- LW review rounding.
- LW review subject and predicate.
- LW comprehend and summarize chapters in Charlotte’s Web.
- LW build stamina in reading.
- LW practice reading stations in preparation for small group reading and guided reading.
Black History: Third graders are learning about African American men and women who have transformed the world around them.
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.