- · Spelling Lesson Knowledge: Spelling generalizations to use at the end of a word. Use ck at the end of a word or syllable directly after a single short vowel. Use k after a consonant, after a long-vowel sound, and after two vowels. Words with two or more syllables usually use c for the final /k/ sound.
- · Read copy and learn spelling generalizations on pp. 31-33 in How to Spell, Workbook 3
- · Spelling words to learn:
1. speak 11. public
2. speck 12. tragic
3. tank 13. critic
4. duck 14. plastic
5. rake 15. athletic
6. prick 16. clinic
7. shock 17. terrific
8. brake 18. patriotic
9. blank 19. gymnastic
10. strike 20. historic
- · Grammar: review of prepositions and prepositional phrases
- · Memorize the “b” prepositions as a class.
- · Write and unscramble prepositional phrases on p. 10 in Easy Grammar Workbook 34.
- · Cross out prepositional phrases and find the subject and verb of each sentence on p. 17.
- · Spelling Pretest
- · Writing Workshop: finish rewriting Thanksgiving writings for display in hallway.
- · Spelling Test
- · Quiz on subject/verb and prepositions. Cross out any prepositional phrases in each sentence. Find the subject and verb in each sentence.
- · Complete exercises in Writing Skills Book 1 on pp. 17- 22.