Grade 3 World History
- Read and discuss Chap. 12 about the Islamic Invasion in Spain and Africa.
- Complete Islamic Empire map work on student p. 42.
- Dress up student in Moorish ruler’s tunic, robe, and turban.
- Students color page of a Moorish mosque and fountain on student p. 44.
- Read and discuss the great kings of France; Charles, the Hammer and Charlemagne from Chap. 13.
- Complete map work on student p. 47.
- Activity: Make a Charlemagne’s crown from student p. 53 out of card stock or poster board. Cut out and decorate with markers and glitter glue.
- Students color Charlemagne on student p. 49.
Thursday – Mrs. Reynolds will be on the 4th and 5th Grade field trip, so Mrs. Griffin will be teaching this class.
- Introductory Activity: students watch YouTube video clips of the building and launching of a Viking ship. (Dragon Harold Fairhair) for six minutes.
- Read and discuss the arrival of the Norsemen in Chap. 13.
- Complete map work of Viking Lands on student p. 54.
- Activity: Students will begin to make a Viking boat from student p.56-57.
Grade 4 US History and Geography
- Learn the Southern states and capitals by watching and singing along with a video.
- Discuss Sir Francis Drake and write in our explorer worksheet.
- Finish Explorer Cards and play a matching game to review for a test on Wednesday.
- Explorers test
- Read and discuss The First Americans, Chapter 3, in the History of Our United States.
- Complete coloring pages of Native American homes, a tepee and a pueblo dwelling.
- 4th and 5th Grade Field trip to the recycling plant in Charlotte, NC.