Grade 3 World History
- Students will watch a video about the Pilgrims.
- Color and cut out the Mayflower.
- Watch the video from YouTube, “The Samurai” (1:47 min).
- Complete map work on student p. 69 “From England to Japan”.
- Compare the English knights to the Japanese Samurai knights. Read portions of the text and record information on a graphic organizer.
- Complete coloring page of a Samurai Warrior (p. 71).
- Students will spend this period assembling their castle project.
Grade 4 History and Geography
- Introduce State of South Carolina Unit Study.
- Using a map, answer 10 questions about SC.
- Color code a map SC using a map key. Label rivers and bodies of water blue. Label mountains green. (map and questions from enchantedlearning.com)
- Read and discuss travel brochure rubric. Prepare brochure by folding a manila file folder. Complete the title page.
- Sing Northern states and capitals songs for memorization.
- Make a South Carolina Brochure and include seven state symbols from a list. Define in complete sentences and illustrate each symbol with Mrs. Hogan
- Read and discuss an article on South Carolina State History from www.ducksters.com
- Fill in a timeline graphic organizer with 9 historical facts about South Carolina.
- Students will continue to work on S.C. Brochure project.
- Complete a South Carolina Cities Word Search. Locate the cities on a S.C. Highway Map.
- Continue singing Northern states and capitals song.
- Parent Visitation – please pick up your student’s Civil War Lapbook in the 4th Grade classroom and have fun learning together!