- The team that is going to the Dominican Republic will be selling Christmas items on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Please send money with your child so they can buy their siblings, parents, friends, or teachers some gifts. ( There are some really nice items. I would highly recommend sending money in with your child.)
- Field Trip this Wednesday to the Nutcracker. Please make sure your child has a warm coat (maybe even a hat and gloves )because we will have to walk from a parking deck or lot to the building and it is supposed to be very cold that day.
- Please come on Thursday at 2pm to watch your child perform in the Christmas Showcase. Your child should wear a white or black shirt, gloves, and black pants or skirt.
- This week the Elementary is dressing up:
Monday- Tacky Sweater and crazy hair
Tuesday- Dress as a Christmas Character
Wednesday- Fancy Day~ (Dress Up in nice clothes)
Thursday- Wear clothes for the Christmas Showcase
Math-Inches, Yards, Feet
Monday- Yard and Feet
- The student will understand the yard and the foot as units of measurement.
- The student will estimate and measure length to the nearest yard or foot.
- The student will compare a meter to a yard.
- The student will compare a foot to a yard.
- Textbook page 70 and 71.
- Workbook pages 51 and 52.
- The student will understand the inch as a unit of measurement.
- The student will estimate and measure length to the nearest inch.
- The student will compare an inch to a foot.
- The student will compare an inch to a centimeter.
- Textbook pages 72 and 73.
- Workbook page 78.
Wednesday- No Math due to Field Trip!!
Thursday- Review of Yards, Inches, and Fee
ELA~ The Keeping Quilt, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Los Posadas. Â
Monday- The teacher will read The Keeping Quilt to the class. We will discuss how the keeping quilt was passed down from generation to generation. The teacher and students will discuss passing items down like names, family heirlooms, etc. The teacher will show her trifold board that shows her family tradition. The teacher will talk about other cultures and how they may have immigrated from other countries bringing their traditions.
- The students will write on their own Keeping Quilt.
Writing- This is when students will learn about Hanukkah, Christmas, and Los Posadas through out the week.
- The teacher will read The Festival of Lights to the class. We will discuss Hanukkah.
- The students will write what the authors purpose was (to inform).
- The students will correct the Hanukkah sentences.
Tuesday- The teacher will read Feliz Navidad to the class. We will discuss Los Posadas and to learn more about it. We will research together about this holiday.
- The students will begin their Los Posadas suitcase during Writing time.
Wednesday- The teacher will read from the Bible, Luke 2:1-20. We will discuss the real reason we celebrate Christmas which is JESUS!!.
- The teacher will reread The Keeping Quilt to the class.
- We will continue to work on the Los Posadas suitcase.
Thursday- Test on the Keeping Quilt
Writing- The class will finish up any work they have not completed during this time. If they have finished everything then the students will write about Christmas in their writing journals. The students will read their writing to their classmates.
Phonics- Mrs. Noviello and Mrs. Greens group will be introduced to soft c that says /s/ as in Grace.